MIDLAND, TX (KWES) - The Texas Department of Public Safety arrested five people during a multi-agency operation in Midland on Saturday.
The sting operation targeted alleged sexual predators in an effort to identify people participating in solicitation of minors.
The Texas Highway Patrol, DPS Aircraft, Midland County District Attorney's Office, Homeland Security Investigations, Federal Bureau of Investigation, Odessa Police Department and U.S. Attorney's Office Western District of Texas all assisted with the investigation.
The following suspects were arrested on state charges for online solicitation of a minor and booked in the Midland County Jail:
- Shrey Dineshbhai Bhakta, 22, Odessa
- Daryl Quay Hampton, 25, Odessa
- Seyi Muyiwa Adeeka, 30, Odessa
- Douglas Lee Smith, 28, Eunice, N.M.
- Michael Soper, 44, Midland