Hobbs couple loses their home following backyard fire - KWES NewsWest 9 / Midland, Odessa, Big Spring, TX: newswest9.com |

Hobbs couple loses their home following backyard fire

Photo of video shot during the fire in Hobbs (Source: Facebook) Photo of video shot during the fire in Hobbs (Source: Facebook)
HOBBS, NM (KWES) -

A Hobbs couple is safe after a fire broke out in their backyard but lost their home in the flames.

The fire started Thursday night when they used a gas can to light the grill when cooking outside.

It sparked up and spread through the home.

Firefighters were able to put out the fire but the home is a total loss.

50 percent of the home sustained heavy fire damage, while the rest was smoke damage.

The woman was treated for smoke inhalation but has been released from the hospital.

Copyright 2016 KWES. All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly