HOBBS, NM (KWES) - Officials have concluded their investigation into a home that exploded Tuesday night in the 400 block of West Skelly St.
Authorities said the cause of the explosion was accidental with gas and vapor pockets believed to have migrate throughout the home, possibly losing the detectable odor normally found in a natural gas mixture.
The report goes on to say, "This situation along with the gas meeting the explosive limits necessary with a potential source of ignition is determined to have caused the blast and destructive damage to the home and adjacent properties."
The explosion leveled the home of Victor Dominguez, 44. He suffered non-life threatening injuries including a broken arm and fractured rib.
Neighbors within a one-mile radius reported hearing the blast.