MIDLAND, TX (KWES) - Eight people are behind bars after a standoff in Midland early Thursday morning.
The Midland Police Department said the crime was clearly premeditated.
"This was clearly sort of a crime of passion, an on-going argument that boiled into this kind of disturbance," said Sara Bustilloz with The City of Midland.
Law enforcement was called out to the 400 block of S. Hickory Ave. before 1 a.m. Midland police said people were using objects such as tasers and bricks as weapons.
Police said the group of people broke into the home with the intention to assault each other. The subjects were known to each other.
"It was quite the scene. We had a group of people attempt to commit burglary to assault the people inside the house. It was basically a pretty big brawl when officers came to the scene," said Bustilloz.
Law enforcement responded quickly and were able to diffuse the situation fast.
Midland police said this crime was targeted and they don't believe this incident was related to other local issues.
"It's pretty clear at this point that these are subjects who were already engaged in kind of an ongoing disturbance or argument and it escalated this morning to the point that they felt they needed to confront each other," said Bustilloz.
One person was armed, there were no major injuries reported.
The following people were arrested:
- Evianna Suchil, 18, charged with burglary of a habitation with intent to commit assault
- Jorge “Scotty” Morales, 22, charged with burglary of a habitation with intent to commit assault
- Morgan Talley, 18, charged with burglary of a habitation with intent to commit assault
- Kasey Tavarez, 18, charged with burglary of a habitation with intent to commit assault
- Cristian Bejarano, 19, charged with burglary of a habitation with intent to commit assault
- Max Hinojos Jr., 21, charged with Aggravated assault with a deadly weapon with firearm
- Two others were arrested for outstanding local traffic warrants