Wire short causes evacuation at Permian High School

Wire short causes evacuation at Permian High School
(Source: KWES)

ODESSA, TX (KWES) - A wire short at Permian High School caused students and staff to be evacuated on Friday morning.

The fire sparked up around 10:30 a.m.

Mike Adkins, Public Information Officer with the Ector County Independent School District, said, the wire shorted out in a junction box on the roof of the school starting the fire.

Administrators said one of the maintenance men got on the roof quickly and was able to put out the fire with a fire extinguisher.

The evacuation lasted about 30 minutes.

No students or staff were injured.

Copyright 2016 KWES. All rights reserved.