ARTESIA, NM (KWES) - A three year old from Eddy County is a Lubbock hospital after accidentally being lit on fire.
It happened just over a week ago at a home on East Castleberry Road in Artesia, New Mexico.
Detectives say the child father, Jimmy Olguin, 38, had built an open fire.
He was feeding the fire with gasoline, which caused an explosion.
The child became engulfed in the flames.
Detectives also say Olguin waited 12 hours before taking the toddler to the hospital.
The three-year-old was flown to a burn unit in Lubbock with severe burns.
Olguin was arrested on charges of abuse of a child involving great bodily harm.
Copyright 2016 KWES. All rights reserved.