ODESSA, TX (KWES) - For many families, it's tradition to decorate their Christmas trees on Thanksgiving Day but one family didn't even have a chance to take theirs out of the box.
On Wednesday morning, the Odessa Fire Department responded to a call in the 700 block of Hudson Ave. just before 8 a.m.
The fire was determined to have started with a space heater and moved its way from the back bedroom through the front of the home.
The home suffered heavy damages.
About an hour and a half later, firefighters responded to a second call in the 800 block of Roxanna Ave.
Odessa's Public Information Coordinator, Andrea Goodson tells NewsWest9, "The stove was being used to heat the home and was left unattended causing the fire."
According to Goodson, the home has been declared a total loss.