ODESSA, TX (KWES) - The fire that broke out at Medical Center Hospital in Odessa on October 15 has been ruled as accidental.
Last Thursday, an electrical fire sparked in a room on the fourth floor in the East Wing, where doctors take breaks to sleep.
Fire crews were able to put the blaze out, but East Wing was left smoke, fire and water damage.
The affected area houses the Women and Infants Center.
Babies and children are treated in intensive care on the floor that was evacuated, as well as new mothers and infants.
The wing is expected to be back up and running in about three weeks.