Big Spring Home Declared Total Loss - KWES NewsWest 9 / Midland, Odessa, Big Spring, TX: newswest9.com |

Big Spring Home Declared Total Loss

BIG SPRING, TX (KWES) -

A Big Spring home went up in flames early Friday morning.

The fire happened at a house on 8th Street and Main Street around 3:15 a.m.

There were people inside at the time but were able to get out safely.

The home is a total loss.

Fire Marshal Carl Condray says a fuel powered electrical generator malfunctioned causing the blaze.

He said the house was running electricity through the generator because the house did not have functioning utilities.

Condray reiterated that practice is very dangerous.

Powered by Frankly