During hot weather:
- Turn up your thermostat 2-3 degrees from 3 to 7 p.m.; set programmable thermostats to higher temperatures when no one is home.
- If home, use fans to feel 4-6 degrees cooler.
- Set pool pumps to run early morning or overnight; shut off from 4 to 6 p.m.
During any weather:
- Turn off and unplug non-essential lights and appliances.
- Avoid using large appliances, especially during peak demand hours (6-9 a.m. and 4-8 p.m. during winter and 3-7 p.m. during summer) or the hours specified in the conservation appeal.
- Businesses should minimize the use of electric lighting and electricity-consuming equipment as much as possible.
- Large consumers of electricity should consider shutting down or reducing non-essential production processes.