ODESSA, TX (KWES)
A fire in Odessa last week turned out to be arson.
The blaze broke out at a home in the 1500 block of Spur last Tuesday.
Investigators say the gas, water and electric had been cut off right before the fire.
The flames erupted in the kitchen and in the utility room which was next to the garage.
According to the report, a K9 unit discovered a container filled with gasoline.
A firefighter was also burned while trying to fight the blaze.
The homeowner, Brett Rose, 26, was arrested on charges of arson causing bodily injury.
He told investigators the utilities had been turned off since July 1 and he was moving back to Kansas.