HOWARD COUNTY- A gasket failure on a heater tube is being blamed for a tank battery fire in Howard County.
Howard county volunteer fire department chief Tommy Sullivan said the fire happened around 2 a.m. on Monday morning at north FM 700 and north Highway 87.
Five units responded to the heater treater that was burning with high pressure gas, plus a ground fire of crude oil.
Personnel with the oil company blocked the wells feeding the tank battery and depressurized the treater.
Fire crews were then able to put out the flames and cool the equipment involved.