Officials: Marfa Villa Apartment Fire Ruled Accidental - KWES NewsWest 9 / Midland, Odessa, Big Spring, TX: newswest9.com |

Officials: Marfa Villa Apartment Fire Ruled Accidental

MARFA, TX (KWES) -

A fire that broke out at an apartment complex in Marfa has been ruled as accidental.

Fire officials tell NewsWest 9, someone was cooking on the stove and left it unattended.

The blaze broke out last month at the Marfa Villa Apartments.

The flames destroyed ten units and left water and smoke damage to two others.

It's considered a complete loss.

The fire started in a bottom floor unit and then spread.

More than 20 children and 15 adults were displaced.

They were forced to stay with family members or at nearby motels.

Powered by Frankly