Staff ReportNewsWest 9
ANDREWS - A fire in Andrews left a home badly damaged on Monday night.
Firefighters rushed to the scene in the 1100 block of 3rd Street around 10:30 p.m.
The occupants of the home were already outside and safe when they arrived.
It took about 20 minutes for firefighters to put out the flames.
Officials say the fire started on the front porch and was caused by an ash tray.
The porch and front of the home has heavy fire damage while the rest of the building has smoke damage.
Fire officials are urging residents to make sure they have at least one working smoke detector in their homes.