HOWARD COUNTY – A dog was killed following a trailer fire in Howard County on Tuesday morning.
Our friends at KBYG Radio in Big Spring are reporting the fire happened in the 100 block of Collins Road around 9:30 a.m.
KBYG is also reporting that one woman was inside of the trailer with her pet dog.
The woman was able to get out unharmed but her dog died in the blaze that destroyed the trailer.
Howard County Volunteer Fire Chief Tommy Sullivan told KBYG Radio that the cause of the fire was a space heater operating too close to combustibles inside the trailer.