Large Fire Destroys Home in Monahans

Large Fire Destroys Home in Monahans

Staff Report
NewsWest 9

MONAHANS - We're learning more about a massive fire that sparked up in Monahans on Tuesday night.

Volunteer Fire Chief Billy Riley tells NewsWest 9, a Volkswagen was parked in the garage of a home on north main when it somehow caught fire.

He says the flames spread to the attic and the rest of the home.

Some people were in the home at the time but were able to get out safely.

It took crews about four hours to put the blaze out.

The home is a complete loss.