HOWARD COUNTY – We now know the cause of a grassfire that sparked up in Big Spring on Thursday afternoon.
The grassfire was burning on Thorpe Street just after 3 p.m.
No injuries were reported and no structures were damaged even though the fire did get close to some homes in the area.
Big Spring Police tells NewsWest 9, the fire burned approximately 10 acres of land.
Officials say the cause of the fire was children playing with fireworks.
Anyone with information on the fire is asked to contact Crimestoppers at (432) 263-8477 or the Fire Marshal at (432) 264-2305.