Grease Fire to Blame For Weekend Apartment Fire in Odessa

Grease Fire to Blame For Weekend Apartment Fire in Odessa

Staff Report
NewsWest 9

ODESSA - A grease fire is to blame for the flames at an Odessa apartment building early Sunday morning.

The fire happened around 5 a.m. at the Arbor Pointe Apartments.

We're told someone was making chicken nuggets when the fire started.

When crews got to the scene, the roof was caving in.

Multiple agencies assisted in the fire.

In all, eight apartments were damaged and seven families were displaced.

One person was taken to the hospital for smoke inhalation.