House Fire in Big Spring Caused by Heat Lamp

House Fire in Big Spring Caused by Heat Lamp

Staff Report/Mike Henry/KBYG

NewsWest 9

BIG SPRING - Big Spring Firefighters were called out to a house fire Sunday morning in Big Spring.

The fire was called in around 9:30 am in the 1200 block of Highland. When firefighters arrived at the scene they noticed smoke coming from the garage.

The fire was caused by a heat lamp in the attic that was placed near five baby chicks. Officials say the lamp was too close to come flammable material.    
No one in the home was injured, but only two of the baby chicks survived.
The garage and attic received damage, as well as two of three cars inside the garage.