Space heater cause of trailer fire in Dalhart - KWES NewsWest 9 / Midland, Odessa, Big Spring, TX: newswest9.com |

Space heater cause of trailer fire in Dalhart

Posted: Updated:

Dalhart, TX - A space heater is the cause of a trailer fire in Dalhart.

Dalhart Fire Marshal Curtis Brown says a little before 11:00 Wednesday morning three fire departments responded to a trailer fire on Omaha street.

When firefighters arrived the trailer was fully involved and is said to be a total loss. One dog was rescued and no other injuries were reported.

The fire marshal says the cause of the fire was a space heater which was heating pipes under the trailer.

The American Red Cross provided the family with a place to stay, food and clothing.