BIG SPRING - Officials are trying to figure out what sparked a tank battery fire in Big Spring on Monday night.
The fire happened around 6:30 p.m., just north of Big Spring on Highway 87 and FM 700.
Howard County Volunteer Fire Chief Tommy Sullivan says the cause of the fire was a gasket failure on the heat exchanger that released oil and gas that was ignited from the heaters burner.
There were no reports or signs of an explosion.
Thankfully, no one was injured.
The investigation is ongoing at this time.
Newsroom Phone: (432) 567-9991
Can’t find what you're looking for?