By Geena Martinez
MIDLAND - An overnight fire destroyed a Midland family's home, leaving them with nothing.
NewsWest 9 spoke with the family who said their counting their blessings because they're alive.
"She was screaming 'Mom something's burning! Something's burning!" Cecilia Lozano said. "I could see smoke already on the ceiling."
That's the chaos Cecilia Lozano remembered as she woke up early Thursday morning.
A fire broke out at her home on Dallas St. while she and five others inside were sleeping.
Lozano is disabled but tried escaping through the back door as the blaze spread out of control.
"I fell right where the fire was," Lozano said. "My son dragged me to the alley because I couldn't walk. Everything, everything is gone."
Lozano's home of 27 years was destroyed in seconds.
Along with losing clothes, the only car they had, and some pets, the family lost something they can never get back: the belongings of Lozano's daughter who passed away a few years ago.
"I just kept thinking about her picture," Lozano said.
"It hurt me to lose everything we had of hers, pictures, clothes, everything," Lozano's daughter, Abigail, said.
Investigators are trying to figure out where the fire sparked up and how.
The family is staying a hotel until Sunday. After that, they're not sure where they'll go next.
But despite all of this, they said it could've been worse.
"We may have lost everything in our house but we didn't lose our family and that's all that matters," Abigail said.