by Mike Henry
KBYG - Special to NewsWest 9
HOWARD COUNTY - Howard County Volunteer Firefighters and other officials were called out to a big pipeline rupture in SW Howard County Monday afternoon.
There was no explosion or flames, but the break was leaking vapor that included poisonous H2S gas. The break was located near Stallings and Rockhouse Road.
Howard County Volunteer Fire Department Chief Tommy Sullivan says crews were notified of the break just after 4 p.m.
Once officials became aware of the presence of poisonous gas, a perimeter of about a half mile was set up around the immediate line rupture and several roads were closed.
No one was hurt in the incident and no evacuations were required, though the situation was monitored very closely due to the H2S gas. Calm winds Monday evening assisted officials in any concerns of the gas drifting to homes in the area.
The scene was cleared just after 7 p.m. as WTG Processing officials shut pressure off to the ruptured line and roads were re-opened to traffic.