ODESSA - Three junior high students were shocked during swimming practice at Permian High School on Wednesday morning.
According to Ector County ISD officials, all of ECISD's junior high school swimmers were at practice on Wednesday morning at Permian when several students reported a tingling sensation.
The coaches at the pool realized that the water in the pool had overflowed and ran into a power cord plugged into the pool's sound system, which was located about 14 feet from the side of the pool.
Officials said the cord was immediately unplugged and students were checked out by coaches and a school trainer was available to check any students. After the workout, about 70 students went back to their schools.
Three students, two students from Bowie Junior High and one student from Crockett Junior High went to the school nurse because they weren't feeling well. All three of the students were taken to the hospital by their parents.
According to officials, all the students are doing well now.
We're told an investigation into the incident found that the pool at Permian was being filled this morning because the water level in the pool was low. The valve used to add water to the pool was left open and that caused the overflow. We're told that issue has been corrected.