MIDLAND - Midland fire officials were called out to an apartment fire in Midland on Friday evening.
The fire sparked up around 9:15 p.m. at the Polo Park Apartments in Midland.
Fire officials tell NewsWest 9, an apartment tenant was trying to turn on her oven but instead turned on her stove and we're told that furniture in the apartment helped fuel the fire.
The entire building was evacuated as a precaution and officials say the building suffered alot of water damage as firefighters battled the fire.
The Fire Marshal tells NewsWest 9, serious repairs will be needed to the building.