ODESSA - We have new information on a smoke call that forced students and staff to evacuate an Odessa elementary.
We're told a transformer short circuited at Ireland Elementary on Dawn Street.
It started smoking and that smoke went up through the ventilation system and set off the fire alarms.
No one was hurt and there was no fire.
Most of the students were already leaving campus for the day when the alarm went off.
The kids and staff still at school were evacuated to a yard across the street.
There's no word yet on if there was any damage.