MIDLAND - A close call for one elderly woman in Midland.
Her house caught on fire not once but twice. The second time, she was rescued by her neighbor.
The fire happened in the 4300 block of Norwood.
The fire ignited on Tuesday afternoon when a bar-b-cue pit caught some grass on fire.
It spread to a window near the home but crews quickly snuffed it out.
However, two hours later, it caught on fire again.
We're told ashes were floating around from the first fire and an ember caught the garage and grass on fire.
Luckily, a neighbor spotted the blaze and alerted the elderly woman.
The 18-year-old rushed into the home and rescued the woman.
The woman's son was taken to the hospital with second degree burns after he tried to knock out the fire with a hose.
The roof is damaged along with a truck that was parked in the back.
Newsroom Phone: (432) 567-9991
Can’t find what you're looking for?