MIDLAND - One woman was transported to the hospital after a fire started in her home on Saturday afternoon.
The fire sparked up in the 2300 block of Sinclair Avenue around 2 p.m.
Officials tell NewsWest 9, the fire started in the garage of the home and extended into the kitchen, living quarters and attic but was contained to the west side of the home. There was heavy smoke damage reported throughout the home.
Two people were inside the house at the time of the fire and got out of the home by the time fire officials arrived. One woman was transported to Midland Memorial Hospital with second degree burns to her face and hands. She was later airlifted to Lubbock.