Fire Destroys Mobile Home in Midland County

Fire Destroys Mobile Home in Midland County

Staff Report
NewsWest 9

MIDLAND COUNTY - One family has been displaced after a mobile home fire in Midland County.

Fire crews were called out to West County Road 123 just after 10:30 p.m. on Wednesday night.

When fire crews arrived on the scene, the home was engulfed in flames.

Our photographer who was on the scene, spoke to a resident who was living in the home and she told us that when they got home they smelt smoke. She went to open the back door of the home and the flames had already spread. The homeowners then tried to put out the fire with a water hose but the fire was already too big.

The resident also told NewsWest 9 that the fire was started by a heat lamp on the back porch as they were trying to keep some puppies warm due to the cold weather.

The homeowners were able to get out safely with their puppies but their mobile home was completely destroyed.

No injuries were reported and the residents of the home will be staying with family members.