Odessa Woman Dies Following Early Morning Fire in Odessa - KWES NewsWest 9 / Midland, Odessa, Big Spring, TX: newswest9.com |

Odessa Woman Dies Following Early Morning Fire in Odessa

Posted: Updated:

Staff Report
NewsWest 9

ODESSA - An Odessa woman has died following an early morning fire in Odessa.

The fire sparked around 5 a.m. Wednesday morning in the 4200 block of Redbud.

When firefighters arrived at the home, there was a small fire at the front of the house.

Fire officials were able to put out the fire quickly.

When they searched the home, they found 80-year-old Yvonne Miller in the home.

She was taken to the hospital where she later died.

Officials have determined that the fire was caused by a space heater.

However, the house did not have a working smoke detector.

The Odessa Fire Department encourages everyone to have a working smoke detector in your home.

If you are unable to afford one, you're asked to call the Odessa Fire Marshal's Office at (432) 257-0518.