Candle to Blame for Fire That Destroyed Midland Home - KWES NewsWest 9 / Midland, Odessa, Big Spring, TX: newswest9.com |

Candle to Blame for Fire That Destroyed Midland Home

Staff Report
NewsWest 9

MIDLAND - A home is all-but destroyed in Midland after a fire caused by a candle.

A woman was reportedly house sitting at the home on Tyler Street when she lit candle on a counter and walked away.

The candle somehow fell onto a couch and sparked a fire.

The house sitter says that by the time she saw the flames, it was too late and she was unable to put the fire out.

She was able to get out of the house without any injuries.

Powered by Frankly