Firefighters Believe House Fire in Odessa Was Electrical in Nature

Staff Report
NewsWest 9

ODESSA - The holidays just got a little harder for one Odessa family after an electrical fire forced them out of their home on Thursday.

By the time officials got to the scene on 14th Street, smoke was already pouring out of the attic and the back door.

Officials say it was triggered by an electrical short behind a wall.

Fortunately, the home only sustained smoke damage but the electricity will have to be shut down and rebuilt in the home.

We're told a family of 10 lived here and the Red Cross is now helping them out.