New Mexico Fire Kills Family Pets - KWES NewsWest 9 / Midland, Odessa, Big Spring, TX: newswest9.com |

New Mexico Fire Kills Family Pets

By Staff Report

NewsWest 9

LOVINGTON - A fire in Lovington, New Mexico left a house charred and two family pets dead. 

It happened around 11 Wednesday morning at a home on Kingwood which is in North Lovington.

Police say by the time they reached the house one bedroom had been destroyed in the flames and the rest of the home had smoke damage making it a total loss.

The family of four was not hurt however two puppies didn't make it out alive.

An unattended heat lamp meant to keep the puppies warm sparked the blaze.

 

Powered by Frankly