Fire Sparks Up at Odessa Apartment Complex

Staff Report
NewsWest 9

ODESSA - It's the last thing you want happening as the holidays begin, families having to contend with a fire in their home.

The fire sparked up at the Oakwood Manor Apartment complex around 5:15 p.m. on Thursday.

Officials say a resident left her stove on with a greased pan on it.

Flames sparked up which caught the kitchen cabinets on fire.

The fire then climbed up the wall and spread to the roof.

Firefighters were able to contain the blaze to just that one apartment.