ODESSA - A man burns nearly half of his body after his home explodes in Odessa.
40-year-old Joel Hutchinson is now in serious condition at a burn unit in Lubbock.
We're told 40 percent of his body is covered in burns.
The blaze broke out just after midnight at a trailer at the 400 block of Stoddard Street.
The Sheriff's Department says a propane tank caused the explosion.
The fire was put out quickly; however, the home was a total loss.
Officials tell NewsWest 9, it has been ruled accidental.
Newsroom Phone: (432) 567-9991
Can’t find what you're looking for?