Overloaded Circuit Could Be to Blame for House Fire in Midland

Staff Report
NewsWest 9

MIDLAND - An overloaded circuit may have caused a house fire in Midland on Tuesday evening.

Fire crews were called out to a house in the 1400 block of Chestnut.

When crews arrived, flames were shooting out of the windows.

Over 25 percent of the home was engulfed in flames, the rest of the house suffered smoke damage.

Fortunately, no one was at home at the time of the fire.

Right now the Salvation Army is helping the family of three find a place to stay.

Investigators believe the fire was started by an overloaded circuit.

A neighboring home suffered some minor fire damage.