Odessa Hotel Evacuated After Morning Fire - KWES NewsWest 9 / Midland, Odessa, Big Spring, TX: newswest9.com |

Odessa Hotel Evacuated After Morning Fire

Staff Report
NewsWest 9

ODESSA - Smoking in bed sparked a fire at an Odessa hotel.

The fire forced hotel occupants at the Days Inn on Highway 80 to evacuate around 4 a.m. Tuesday morning.

The Odessa fire inspector says the fire was started by a cigarette that lit the mattress on fire.

Everyone made it out safely.
The third floor remains evacuated but guests on the first and second floor were allowed to return to their rooms.

Powered by Frankly