Neighbors Put Out Fire Saving a Family and Their Home - KWES NewsWest 9 / Midland, Odessa, Big Spring, TX: newswest9.com |

Neighbors Put Out Fire Saving a Family and Their Home

Staff Report

NewsWest 9

MIDLAND - A Midland family is safe thanks to the quick thinking of their neighbors.

A fire broke out in the flowerbed of a house on Avondale drive just after midnight. Neighbors noticed the flames and grabbed their garden hose to put it out.

Fire crews think it could have been started by either a cigarette butt or ash. The fire scorched an outside wall, and some smoke did get into the home.

Fire crews were out there for almost an hour making sure the blaze was completely out. No one was hurt.

Powered by Frankly