STANTON - Smoke from a huge explosion in Stanton forced one highway to shut down.
According to officials, the smoke was coming from a salt water tank blast.
We're told the tank is owned by Basic Energy.
The smoke could be seen for miles and it was so bad that authorities had to shut down Highway 137 but it has since been reopened.
Our photographer at the scene reports one person was taken to Midland Memorial with non-life threatening injuries. We're told he has some broken ribs.
According to Sheriff John Woodward, the explosion was caused by static electricity.
NewsWest 9 is continuing to work to get you more information.
We'll bring you the latest when it becomes available.