TXDOT Press Release:
Starting Wednesday, June 13, Ronald R. Wagner and Co. of Kendalia, Texas, is scheduled to begin seal coating roads in 25 locations across the Odessa District of TxDOT. The projects will start in Midland County.
Wagner won the contract in November with a bid of $5.87 million, nearly 8 percent below the estimate for the contract.
Here is a list of the roads to be done and Wagner's tentative order:
- FM 715 in Midland County from Business Highway 158-B to FM 1213.
- FM 307 in Midland County from Lamesa Road to 0.5 miles north of Interstate 20.
- Business Highway 158-B in Midland County from 0.3 miles east of Loop 250 to Spur 268.
- FM 868 in Midland County from Wadley Drive to Highway 158-B.
- FM 662 in Midland County from FM 1788 to Loop 250.
- Loop 40 in Midland County from 1 mile north of Business Interstate 20 East along FM 1788 to 0.7 miles north of Business Interstate 20 East along FM 1788 (Loop 40 is near Midland International Airport and loops around from FM 1788 back to FM 1788).
- Highway 385 in Ector County from 0.2 miles south of Business Interstate 20 to South Frontage Road of Interstate 20.
- Highway 385 in Ector County from Eighth Street to 42nd Street.
- Loop 338 in Ector County from Highway 385 to Interstate 20.
- FM 1936 in Ector County from Highway 302 to Interstate 20.
- Highway 302 in Ector County from Highway 158 to FM 866.
- Spur 57 in Ward County from Interstate 20 west of Peyote to Interstate 20 west of Monahans.
- FM 1215 in Reeves County from North Frontage Road of Interstate 10 to Highway 17.
- RM 652 in Reeves County from Culberson County line to Highway 285.
- RM 652 in Reeves County from Highway 285 to Loving County line.
- Highway 115 in Winkler County from Andrews County line to 1.1 miles east of Highway 18.
- Highway 115 in Andrews County from Winkler County line to Highway 181.
- FM 181 in Andrews County from Highway 115 to Ector County line.
- Highway 115 in Andrews County from 1 mile west of Highway 385 to Highway 181.
- Highway 176 in Andrews County from 4.8 miles west of Highway 385 to the Highway 115/176 split on the west side of Andrews.
- Highway 176 in Andrews County from 8.6 miles west of Highway 385 to 4.8 miles west of Highway 385.
- Highway 176 in Andrews County from the New Mexico state line to 10 miles east of New Mexico state line.
- Highway 176 in Andrews County from Highway 115-176 split on east side of Andrews to 3.2 miles west of the Martin County line.
- FM 1788 in Andrews County from Highway 176 to the Ector County line.
- FM 1788 in Ector County from Andrews County line to Midland County line.
A seal coat consists of a layer of asphalt with aggregate spread on top and is applied to the surface of a pavement structure for the purpose of waterproofing and preserving the surface. The process helps protect the road and extend the life of the road.
From a safety standpoint, a seal coat helps prevent potholes and also improves the skid resistance of the roadway which improves stopping distances. By maintaining roads with seal coats, TxDOT can stretch taxpayer dollars since the life of the road is extended through this process.
Motorists may see slight delays. Please exercise patience and follow pilot cars and/or posted signs.