The following stipulations are in effect with the lifting of the burn ban in Gaines County.
- Must burn 1 hour after sunrise, finish in the same day and be done 1 hour before sunset.
- Any person under 18 must have supervision of a person 18 or older.
- Notice must be given to sheriff's office 30 minutes prior to burn.
- House hold trash must be in fire container with metal grate.
- A person can burn excess trash in burn pit.
- Can not burn tires, building materials, furniture, carpets, appliances, coated wires, etc.