Wednesday House Fire in Big Spring Possibly Caused by Fireworks

by Mike Henry
KBYG Radio - Special to NewsWest 9

BIG SPRING - A Big Spring house fire on Wednesday may have been started by children playing with fireworks.

The fire sparked up in the 1300 block of South Runnels in Big Spring just after 2 p.m.

Condray says the house was not inhabited but was severely damaged, as well as a backyard shed next door at 1307 Runnels.  That home was occupied, and received minor damage, mostly smoke and some broken windows.

No one was injured in the blaze.

Officials say they believe that children playing with fireworks may have sparked the fire and the cause remains under investigation.