ECTOR COUNTY – H2S poisoning is not believed to be a factor after a man was found dead in Ector County last week. That's according to the Ector County Medical Examiner's Office.
It all started last Wednesday morning when a pumper was going to gage a well at a Concho operating lease, south of Fulton and Bell Street.
The worker found 42-year old Humberto Villanueva laying on the ground next to his truck.
Authorities had to use gas masks to go near the body because there was a high presence of H2S gas in the air.
H2S is hydrogen sulfide.
If it's in a high concentration, when you breathe it, it could kill you in about five minutes.
Once it was safe, medics entered and determined Villanueva was dead.
The investigation is still ongoing.