Toddler Sets Room on Fire After Playing With Lighter - KWES NewsWest 9 / Midland, Odessa, Big Spring, TX: newswest9.com |

Toddler Sets Room on Fire After Playing With Lighter

Staff Report
NewsWest 9

MIDLAND - A three-year-old playing with a lighter started a fire in a Midland home on Monday afternoon.

It all happened at a home in the 1200 block of Tennessee.

We're told the three-year-old was playing with a lighter and set the back bedroom on fire.

The blaze was quickly contained to just the bedroom.

The rest of the house had smoke damage.

The family of four made it out safely.

The Red Cross is helping the family find a place to stay.

Powered by Frankly