Technology Saves Odessa Man’s Home

Staff Report
NewsWest 9

ODESSA - A homeowner in Odessa can thank technology for keeping his house from burning to the ground.

His kitchen caught on fire.

But what makes this story interesting is how it was reported.

Fire officials tell NewsWest 9, the homeowner has a home alert system that is connected to his smart phone.

When the fire triggered the smoke alarms at the house on Vista crest, it sent an alert to his phone with live video.

He actually could see the flames.

The homeowner called 911 to report what he was seeing.

Thankfully, the fire stayed contained to the kitchen.