Electrical Problem to Blame for Apartment Fire in Odessa

Staff Report
NewsWest 9

ODESSA - An electrical problem gets the blame for a fire that burned up an Odessa apartment building on Wednesday night.

Officials were called out to the Sandpiper Apartments just before 8 p.m.

Officials tell NewsWest 9, the fire started between the walls, which is where the wiring is located.

Firefighters had to battle the blaze from all four sides of the building as well as from the roof.

In all, the flames damaged six units and displaced 16 people.

The Red Cross is helping the displaced residents.

If you would like to volunteer or donate to the Red Cross you can call (432) 563-2267.