Fire Breaks Out at Midland Apartment Complex - KWES NewsWest 9 / Midland, Odessa, Big Spring, TX: newswest9.com |

Fire Breaks Out at Midland Apartment Complex

Staff Report
NewsWest 9

MIDLAND - A Midland woman has her neighbors to thank for getting her out of her burning apartment.

The fire broke out at the Avalon Springs Apartments on Illinois and McDonald early Wednesday morning.

The woman who lived here alone, with her three pets was cooking and fell asleep.

Her neighbors smelled the smoke and got her out in time.

When crews arrived, the flames had already spread to the kitchen, dining and living room.

The apartment is a total loss and a small dog did not survive.

An apartment downstairs suffered water damage.

The Red Cross is helping the woman.

Powered by Frankly