Grease Fire Sparks Up at Odessa Restaurant - KWES NewsWest 9 / Midland, Odessa, Big Spring, TX: newswest9.com |

Grease Fire Sparks Up at Odessa Restaurant

Staff Report
NewsWest 9

ODESSA - An Odessa restaurant got a scare on Saturday night after a fire started in the kitchen and quickly spread to the roof.

The police and fire department were called out to the Steak Express off of 42nd Street and Andrews Highway.

A manager tells NewsWest 9, a grease fire started underneath the grill and then caught the wall on fire.

They used a fire extinguisher in an attempt to put out the fire but that wasn't enough to control the flames.

Firefighters were able to put out the blaze before it did any more damage.

"We flip about 200 burgers a day so the grease accumulates pretty fast. We pulled out our emergency system but the fire department took care of the rest on the roof," Steak Express Manager, Bryon Phinny, said.

The manager says they'll do some clean up on Sunday and they'll be ready for business as usual on Monday.

Powered by Frankly