MIDLAND COUNTY - A double whammy of bad luck for a Midland County man.
Not only did the mobile home he lived in burn down but he was arrested for being drunk.
The fire sparked up around 10 p.m. Saturday night on North County Road 1275.
Fire investigators tell NewsWest 9, the man asked his neighbors to call 911 after the kitchen caught fire.
When crews arrived, the home was already engulfed in flames.
They kept the blaze from spreading.
Investigators say the kitchen fire was an accident, but the man ended up in handcuffs anyway.
We're told he was arrested for public intoxication and other outstanding warrants.
Two other people lived in the home.
No one was hurt.