Thawing Pipes with Torch Causes House Fire - KWES NewsWest 9 / Midland, Odessa, Big Spring, TX: newswest9.com |

Thawing Pipes with Torch Causes House Fire

MIDLAND - A Tall City home was damaged Thursday morning when a home owner tried to thaw his frozen pipes with a torch.

The torch ignited wood framing inside the walls of the home in the 2200 block of Harvard and spread upwards toward the attic. Fire crews were able to keep the flames from spreading too far and damage was limited to an exterior wall of the home.

The Midland Fire Department says trying to thaw frozen pipes with an open flame is not a good idea and often leads to fires.  

Powered by Frankly